Did you ever went on holiday and made tons of videos? What did you do with them? While some people use software like Adobe Premiere Pro to make amazing videos, however I found that most people just archive the videos somewhere, such a pitty! I designed and prototyped Sammlu, a game that lets you sort your videos together with your friends or family while you are on holiday. I tested it with my friends from the local student snowboarding association (Avalanche Boarders) to learn how Sammlu could bring value to their lives. I found that these people would love to compete with each other in serious and silly challenges and that Sammlu could be the product that facilitates this.
- Type: Design research project.
- Duration: 4 months.
- Project brief: To design a product that facilitates remembering an experience.
- Most valuable learning experience: To focus on learning how to bring value to the end user and how to eliminate wasteful activities.
- Activities: Brainstorming, User research, Concept development, Game design, Web development, User testing.
The goal the hackathon was to come up with an innovative idea that would digitize and personalize dutch education and build it. Together with a group of designers, developers and business specialists an app and web panel were made that allowed children to learn anything by following routes that were created by the teachers. The routes were categorized in such a way that they matched the dutch education system. The children could decide for themselves which part of the route to explore first.
The biggest prize to me, was working together with this amazing multidisciplinary team. We were put together by change, however it felt like magic. The 2nd place was a nice bonus on top of this.
- Type: Hackathon
- Duration: 24 hours
- Project brief: Design and built an innovative solution for personalised education within 24 hours.
- Most valuable learning experience: How little time you actually need to make a minimal viable product.
- Activities: Brainstorming, concept development, web development, pitching.